ABOUT THE APP GROWTH AWARDS
The App Growth Awards are the annual barometer, the yearly monument, the 12-monthly night of recognition of industry brilliance, for the global app marketing and growth ecosystem.
Launched in 2017, by the organisers of the App Promotion Summits, the awards were the first to recognise innovation and success within the app marketing ecosystem, and drew submissions from 20 countries, spread over 5 continents. To say the night itself was a success would be an understatement – fast paced, actioned packed and alcohol fuelled. An amazing time was had by all, check out the App Growth Awards Showreel Video for proof from your peers.
THE APP GROWTH AWARDS 2018
What about the 2018 awards?
First and foremost, they will continue to facilitate and celebrate progress in the global app marketing and growth ecosystem.
Secondly, they are still completely FREE TO ENTER – regardless of the size of your organisation we do not want to make money a barrier to you entering. It simply wouldn’t be right.
On top of that they’re going – to be bigger, better and even more impressive. Take our word for it.
APP GROWTH AWARD 2017 WINNERS BY CATEGORY
ATTEND THE APP GROWTH AWARDS 2018
We would love for you to attend the awards ceremony. It’s going to be an absolute blast!
There are 3 ways to buy tickets for the App Growth Awards:
1) You can buy them as part of an App Promotion Summit Berlin package (this is by far the most economical way) by choosing the first option in the form below. If you have already purchased a ticket for App Promotion Summit Berlin, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to upgrade your ticket.
2) You can purchase 3 tickets, branding and become an official table host for just €1,000. To find out more about this option please email email@example.com
3) You can buy standalone App Growth Awards tickets for you and your colleagues by choosing the second option in the form below.
BECOME A PARTNER
What an amazing opportunity to illustrate your company’s dedication to the growth of the app marketing ecosystem!
(and to get your brand out there…)
If you’d like to support the recognition and expansion of the app marketing and growth ecosystem and help make the App Growth Awards the annual celebratory barometer for success then becoming an official supporting partner will be a perfect fit.
We have a range of packages available from hosting a table at the awards (€1,000 – which includes a bottle of Belvedere) all the way up to being the Lead App Growth Awards Partner (€15,000) where you’ll receive naming right and immense branding benefit.
For more information on the packages available and to receive the App Growth Awards Partnership Prospectus please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll follow up with you immediately. Why delay?
We know the importance of having an incredible jury, we realise the importance of having a selection of leading individuals to give their verdicts on the entries.
That’s why we’ve got our ears to the ground, creating a hit list of 2018 Judges. All of them are going to play a vital role in deciding the winners, plus they’ll get a free ticket to the evening!
If you’d like to nominate yourself or a colleague to be a judge then great! Please email email@example.com with some details – like your LinkedIn page so we can check you out and follow up with details about your duties.
Ngozi has an extensive background in both the mobile and media industries. Her tenure includes integrated and digital marketing at Clear Channel Radio (now iHeartMedia) and Fox Cable Networks. With a marketing and digital media MBA from NYU, Ngozi got her start in mobile app monetization and distribution with marketing and partnership roles at several mobile tech startups. She has managed client strategy at ad tech firms, InMobi and Drawbridge, and most recently led user acquisition at theater ticketing startup, TodayTix. She is currently the Global Panels & Partnerships Co-Chair for mBolden (formerly Women in Wireless).
Head of Mobile Platforms, BILD
Pascal Hamann is the Head of Mobile Platforms at BILD, Europe’s biggest daily paper. He also acts as Mobile Managing Editor in the BILD newsroom.
After having studied IT in Hamburg, Pascal moved to Berlin ten years ago and has been devoting himself to each and every aspect of the mobile world since then (iOS/Android smartphone/tablet apps, mobile enabled websites, product development). Innovations and working with startups to find new mobile products and solutions are his passions.
Reporter, Mobile World Live
Saleha Riaz works at Mobile World Live, where she creates news content, blogs and video interviews on all topics related to the mobile industry, but with a particular focus on apps. She has previously been on the judge’s panel for the GSMA Glomo Awards.
Raul’s mobile marketing career began in 2014 at pizza.de, the market leader at that time for online food delivery in Germany. He was responsible for product marketing and development of the Android and iOS apps. When pizza.de was acquired by Delivery Hero Raul relocated to Berlin and held roles in mobile app tracking, analytics and data warehousing. He was responsible for setting and rolling out standards and best practices across all Delivery Hero ventures at a global scale.
Raul co-founded Customlytics in early 2016 with former Delivery Hero colleague Christian Eckhardt, where he is now concerned with everything related to app marketing from a technical perspective.
Peggy Anne Salz
Lead Analyst & Founder, MobileGroove
Peggy Anne Salz is the Lead Analyst and Founder of MobileGroove, providing analysis, custom research and strategic content marketing to the global mobile industry, and mentoring and consulting to tech startups.
She has written 9 books about mobile, including The Everything Guide To Mobile Apps (published by F+W).
Founder & CEO, Moburst
Gilad Bechar is the Founder & CEO of Moburst, a global mobile marketing agency. Gilad serves as a mentor to rising startups at Microsoft Accelerator, Unit 8200, and for strategic Moburst clients such as Google, Uber, and Samsung. He was previously the Academic Director of the Mobile Marketing and New Media courses at Tel Aviv University.
Gilad has also contributed dozens of articles for The Next Web, TechCrunch, AdAge, Adweek, VentureBeat and Entrepreneur about mobile marketing best practices and growth hacking tactics.
Founder & CEO,e-growing
Vanessa Estorach is the founder of mobile marketing agency e-growing. She is an entrepreneur and tech lover, always looking on the marketing side of IT.
Building on many years of experience in marketing and digital strategy, Vanessa is now specialising in mobile acquisition, mobile retention and app growth hacking.
Vanessa also co-founded the Women in Mobile initiative in order to create a networking space where the best and brightest international women in mobile can meet and exchange ideas on how to shape the future of mobile apps.
Principal Analyst, OVUM
London-based Principal Ovum Analyst Guillermo Escofet tracks the global mobile media market, with a special interest in telco-OTT partnerships, mobile advertising and telco digital services strategies.
Guillermo brings 14 years’ experience into his work in analysing the global mobile media sector.
He joined Ovum in 2014, and has provided expertise to our clients in the areas of mobile payments, advertising, and network APIs.
Prior to becoming an analyst, Guillermo had a successful career in business and current affairs journalism. He previously held positions as a newspaper reporter in Central America and as a foreign correspondent in Mexico City.
Co-Founder & CMO, Solidarityapp
André has been working in mobile since mobile was about SMS and WAP. He is a former head of several departments at companies including Trademob, LOVOO, fleek by Zalando and Free2Move.
He recently co-founded Solidarityapp, a startup from Barcelona that helps creators on YouTube, Twitch or any other social networks to generate revenue with free donations while being social and saving some dolphins.
Product Marketing Associate, Mobile, TED
Wanting to blend education, tech and human rights, Colleen joined TED Talks in early 2017 and has been working on the TED mobile team since. Intrigued by how tech and education can come together to create interesting products, she has been the product marketer for the TED app, trying to acquire new users on iOS and Android and working with partners such as Amazon, Google and Apple. Prior to joining TED, Colleen worked for a startup where she led up a nationwide candidate recruitment process to find new, diverse congressmen and women. Her work in politics and international relations has taken her to Iowa, London, Southern Africa and now New York. She went to a liberal arts college in Iowa called Grinnell College, and is originally born and raised in Los Angeles.
CEO & Co-Founder, Customlytics
Christian started his mobile marketing career at Delivery Hero in Berlin. His initial focus was on the mobile media buying side when he was in charge of performance app marketing for the German market brands of Delivery Hero. Subsequent roles included responsibility for mobile CRM and product management for the company’s international app business.
After several years working in the Berlin startup-scene Christian co-founded Customlytics in early 2016 with former Delivery Hero colleague Raul Truckenbrodt. Customlytics provides hands-on guidance for all topics around mobile app marketing, analytics and technology.
Mobile Learning Consultant, British Council
Tony Grant joined the British Council 17 years ago and has worked for them all around the world in that time. Currently based in Tokyo, his role as Mobile Learning Consultant has seen him involved from the ground up in the creation of a successful suite of English learning apps on iOS and Android with over a million active users.
He shares his interests between mobile technology and the more analogue world of climbing. He is the owner and creator of Climb Japan, a website devoted to sharing information on Japan’s alpine climbing to the English-speaking world, and the author of “10 Classic Alpine Climbs of Japan”, the first English-language guidebook of its kind.
Head of Mobile,PwC Germany
Raphael is an app enthusiast, principal within PwC’s Customer Practice and Head of Mobile PwC Germany. Raphael has 2o+ years of professional consulting experience in the area of digital, mobile and customer centric strategy & transformation. He consults FT500 and middle market clients in all aspects with regard to CX/UX strategy, marketing, sales, service and related IT enablement. Raphael earned master degrees in law and business administration/economics and accredited lawyer and certified treasurer. Raphael has served as a judge on various digital/mobile summits.
Got a question? Interested in officially supporting the awards? Could you help us spread the App Growth Awards 2018 word? Like more information on securing a branded table at the awards gala reception including a bottle of Belvedere? Please just fill in the form below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
APP GROWTH AWARDS 2017 WINNERS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are the App Growth Awards completely independent?
Yes, 100%, of course, without a doubt.
All the judging is done online and the judges never meet, therefore regardless of whether a company sponsors the awards or anything like that this will have no bearing whatsoever on the outcome. The integrity of the awards is absolutely essential to us, they are completely independent.
What is the deadline for entries?
You must submit your entry by midnight on Thursday 18th October 2018.
The deadline for all entries is noon/midday (GMT) Thursday 25th October 2018.
If I win an App Growth Award what do I receive?
Kudos, prestige, a very high level of smugness, a physical reward, the right to tell everyone that you’re the best in the business and we’re also building up a prize pot so that each winner will take home an industry related prize.
Do I have to pay to attend if I’m a shortlisted finalist?
No – we want you in the room to collect your award, so all shortlisted finalists will receive free entry to the App Growth Awards Reception.
When and where will the winners be announced?
The App Growth Awards 2018 winners will be announced at an awards ceremony at the Hotel Adlon, Berlin on the evening of Thursday 6th December 2018.
How can my company get involved in the awards as an official partner?
Where can I find the Terms & Conditions?
All of the T&Cs are at the bottom of this page.
TERMS & CONDITIONS, AND THE OFFICIAL RULES OF ENTRY:
1. An entry is defined as a written submission proposing a product, service, app, platform or initiative for one award category.
2. The deadline for entries is Thursday 18th October 2018. Submissions must be received before 11:59PM (GMT) on this date to be eligible for entry.
3. Any entry may be withdrawn up until 11.59pm on Thursday 18th October 2018 (the closing date) upon written request to the organisers. Entries may also be self-edited up until the 11.59pm on the closing date.
4. The awards are open to any business or project that has commercially launched, been redeveloped or shown substantial innovation / measurable progress during the awards period, which runs from Thursday 1st December 2017 to Thursday 18th October 2018.
5. Entrants are strongly encouraged to submit joint entries with partner companies where applications, products, projects or services have been jointly developed and/or launched (i.e. a retailer jointly submitting with their mobile agency/apps developer)
6. Entries will be judged solely on the information provided via the online entry form (including video demos provided in support of the entry). Please do not send any additional supporting materials, as this will not be considered (e.g. documents/presentations)
7. All entrants are required to upload a visual demonstration of the company’s product, service or application. We ask that you send links to videos that have been uploaded to an existing online channel, such as YouTube or Vimeo. Please ensure any website access details, usernames and passwords needed for judging are supplied, that they work, and that they will continue to work until the Awards Ceremony.
8. The App Growth Awards reserves the right to use submitted footage for introducing short-listed companies during its awards ceremony (PLEASE NOTE we will request additional video footage from all finalists).
9. The App Growth Awards organisers reserve the right to refuse any entry at the company’s discretion. They also reserve the right to move an entry into a different category if deemed more suitable in both instances, the entrant would be notified.
10. By entering the App Growth Awards, companies are expressly authorizing the organiser of the App Growth Awards to use the specific text and visual materials submitted for the purposes of promoting the industry in presentations, reports for publication, website and media activities as well as other forms of promotions/publicity materials.
11. The judges’ decisions are final and there will be no further correspondence in this regard. Details of the judging panel sessions will not be disclosed.
12. The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony at the Hotel Adlon, Berlin on the evening of Thursday 6th December 2018.
HOME ABOUT 2018 CATEGORIES ATTEND PARTNERS BECOME A PARTNER JUDGES CONTACT US 2017 WINNERS FAQs and T&Cs DATA PRIVACY