The App Growth Awards are the annual barometer for the global app growth and marketing ecosystem. Launched in 2017 by the team behind App Promotion Summit, the awards were the first to recognise industry innovation and success and drew hundreds of submissions from around the world. The 2020 awards will continue to facilitate and celebrate progress in app marketing and growth.
APP MARKETER OF THE YEAR
This award is for an individual that has demonstrated outstanding best practices for marketing and growth at an app brand, startup or agency.
GROWTH TEAM OF THE YEAR
Open for entries from app developers and agencies that have a team of rock stars dedicating their time to user acquisition, growth and marketing.
APP MARKETING AGENCY OF THE YEAR
Open to all mobile and app marketing and non-specialist agencies that can illustrate outstanding offerings in the area of mobile growth and app marketing.
OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION TO THE APP INDUSTRY
This award will be presented to an individual who has demonstrably contributed to the health of the app ecosystem over the past year.
FASTEST GROWING APP
Awarded to an app that has demonstrated rapid growth and traction in the last year. Evidence must show significant growth in one of these areas: usage, downloads and revenues.
APP GROWTH INNOVATION
Open for entries from any brand, agency, service provider or developer that has created new and innovative channels, techniques, tactics or strategies to increase growth in the app ecosystem.
APP DATA PLATFORM
This award is awarded to the app data platform that has provided the best intelligence to the app industry.
PAID USER ACQUISITION CAMPAIGN
Entries must demonstrate that the campaign successfully acquired new users by implementing innovative and/or traditional acquisition techniques via any paid channel.
SOCIAL & INFLUENCER APP CAMPAIGN
Open for entries from publishers or agencies that can demonstrate outstanding results in the emerging field of social and influencer marketing for apps.
This award is open for entries from agencies and publishers that highlight a campaign delivering an improvement in engagement and retention for an app.
Video is becoming increasing important and this award will recognise the best use of it as part of an app marketing campaign either in an app preview or ad creative.
Open to platforms and agencies offering App Store Optimization services that can demonstrate they are leaders in the ASO field and experts at getting apps in front of potential users.
APP ANALYTICS PLATFORM
Awarded to the mobile analytics, app analytics, ad tracking and attribution platform that has delivered the most value and understanding of big data analytics in the past 12 months.
APP ADVERTISING PLATFORM
Awarded to the mobile advertising platform, network or DSP that has provided an outstanding solution in terms of app installs, user acquisition and brand advertising.
APP ENGAGEMENT PLATFORM
Open to technology platforms and services that support app engagement including push notifications, in-app messaging, marketing automation and chatbots.
INFLUENCER MARKETING COMPANY OF THE YEAR
This award is open for entries from all influencer marketing agencies and platforms that can illustrate outstanding achievement in the area of mobile growth and app marketing by successfully developing and executing influencer marketing campaigns.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are the App Growth Awards completely independent?
Yes, 100%, of course, without a doubt.
All the judging is done online and the judges never meet, therefore regardless of whether a company sponsors the awards or anything like that this will have no bearing whatsoever on the outcome. The integrity of the awards is absolutely essential to us, they are completely independent.
What is the deadline for entries?
You must submit your entry by midnight on Thursday 22nd October 2020.
If I win an App Growth Award what do I receive?
Kudos, prestige, a very high level of smugness, a physical reward, the right to tell everyone that you’re the best in the business and we’re also building up a prize pot so that each winner will take home an industry related prize.
Do I have to pay to attend if I’m a shortlisted finalist?
No – we want you in the room to collect your award, so all shortlisted finalists will receive free entry to the App Growth Awards Reception.
When and where will the winners be announced?
The App Growth Awards 2018 winners will be announced at an awards ceremony at the Hotel Adlon, Berlin on the evening of Thursday 3rd December 2020.
How can my company get involved in the awards as an official partner?
Where can I find the Terms & Conditions?
All of the T&Cs are at the bottom of this page.
TERMS & CONDITIONS, AND THE OFFICIAL RULES OF ENTRY:
1. An entry is defined as a written submission proposing a product, service, app, platform or initiative for one award category.
2. The deadline for entries is Thursday 22nd October 2020. Submissions must be received before 11:59PM (GMT) on this date to be eligible for entry.
3. Any entry may be withdrawn up until 11.59pm on Thursday 22nd October 2020 (the closing date) upon written request to the organisers. Entries may also be self-edited up until the 11.59pm on the closing date.
4. The awards are open to any business or project that has commercially launched, been redeveloped or shown substantial innovation / measurable progress during the awards period, which runs from Sunday 1st December 2019 to Thursday 22nd October 2020.
5. Entrants are strongly encouraged to submit joint entries with partner companies where applications, products, projects or services have been jointly developed and/or launched (i.e. a retailer jointly submitting with their mobile agency/apps developer)
6. Entries will be judged solely on the information provided via the online entry form (including video demos provided in support of the entry). Please do not send any additional supporting materials, as this will not be considered (e.g. documents/presentations)
7. All entrants are required to upload a visual demonstration of the company’s product, service or application. We ask that you send links to videos that have been uploaded to an existing online channel, such as YouTube or Vimeo. Please ensure any website access details, usernames and passwords needed for judging are supplied, that they work, and that they will continue to work until the Awards Ceremony.
8. The App Growth Awards reserves the right to use submitted footage for introducing short-listed companies during its awards ceremony (PLEASE NOTE we will request additional video footage from all finalists).
9. The App Growth Awards organisers reserve the right to refuse any entry at the company’s discretion. They also reserve the right to move an entry into a different category if deemed more suitable in both instances, the entrant would be notified.
10. By entering the App Growth Awards, companies are expressly authorizing the organiser of the App Growth Awards to use the specific text and visual materials submitted for the purposes of promoting the industry in presentations, reports for publication, website and media activities as well as other forms of promotions/publicity materials.
11. The judges’ decisions are final and there will be no further correspondence in this regard. Details of the judging panel sessions will not be disclosed.
12. The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony at the Hotel Adlon, Berlin on the evening of Thursday 3rd December 2020.