The App Growth Awards are the annual barometer for the global app growth and marketing ecosystem. Launched in 2017 by the team behind App Promotion Summit, the awards were the first to recognise industry innovation and success and drew hundreds of submissions from around the world. The 2020 awards will continue to facilitate and celebrate progress in app marketing and growth.
15th October 2020
18th November 2020
3rd December 2020
Awarded to the mobile advertising platform, network or DSP that has provided an outstanding solution in terms of app installs, user acquisition and brand advertising.
Awarded to the mobile analytics, app analytics, ad tracking and attribution platform that has delivered the most value and understanding of big data analytics in the past 12 months.
This award is awarded to the app data platform that has provided the best intelligence to the app industry.
Open to technology platforms and services that support app engagement including push notifications, in-app messaging, marketing automation and chatbots.
Open for entries from any brand, agency, service provider or developer that has created new and innovative channels, techniques, tactics or strategies to increase growth in the app ecosystem.
Alison by yellowHEAD
This award is for an individual that has demonstrated outstanding best practices for marketing and growth at an app brand, startup or agency.
Lina Zakarauskaite, Secret Escapes
Open to all mobile and app marketing and non-specialist agencies that can illustrate outstanding offerings in the area of mobile growth and app marketing.
Video is becoming increasing important and this award will recognise the best use of it as part of an app marketing campaign either in an app preview or ad creative.
RAID: Champion Therapy by Plarium
Open to entries for ad campaigns on Facebook or Instagram platforms.
Marmalade Game Studio
Open to platforms and agencies offering App Store Optimization services that can demonstrate they are leaders in the ASO field and experts at getting apps in front of potential users.
This award will recognise excellence in Apple Search Ads.
iFax (iOS) by Studio Mosaic
Awarded to an app that has demonstrated rapid growth and traction in the last year. Evidence must show significant growth in one of these areas: usage, downloads and revenues.
Nutracheck Calorie Counter
Recognising creative excellence in Google App Campaigns.
Scatter Slots by MURKA
Open for entries from app developers and agencies that have a team of rock stars dedicating their time to user acquisition, growth and marketing.
This award is open for entries from all influencer marketing agencies and platforms that can illustrate outstanding achievement in the area of mobile growth and app marketing by successfully developing and executing influencer marketing campaigns.
This award will be presented to an individual who has demonstrably contributed to the health of the app ecosystem over the past year.
This award is open for entries from agencies and publishers that highlight a campaign delivering an improvement in engagement and retention for an app.
Calendar Comms by Babbel
Open to ad, influencer, platform or content campaigns on the Snap platform.
Snap Lenses by LOVOO
Open for entries from publishers or agencies that can demonstrate outstanding results in the emerging field of social and influencer marketing for apps.
Chatbots by Zorka Mobi
Open to ad, influencer or content campaigns on the TikTok Platform.
1000% for kaufDA by Admiral Media
Are the App Growth Awards completely independent?
Yes, 100%, of course, without a doubt.
All the judging is done online and the judges never meet, therefore regardless of whether a company sponsors the awards or anything like that this will have no bearing whatsoever on the outcome. The integrity of the awards is absolutely essential to us, they are completely independent.
Will the submission data be published or made public?
No. We will only share the entry with the judges assigned to the category. However, if there is highly confidential data you should not include this.
What is the deadline for entries?
You must submit your entry by midnight on Thursday 15th October 2020.
How much does it cost to enter?
It’s completely free to enter.
Can I enter multiple categories?
Yes as long as you have a relevant entry you can enter multiple categories.
If I win an App Growth Award what do I receive?
Kudos, prestige, a very high level of smugness, a physical reward, the right to tell everyone that you’re the best in the business and we’re also building up a prize pot so that each winner will take home an industry related prize.
Do I have to pay to attend if I’m a shortlisted finalist?
No – we want you in the room to collect your award, so all shortlisted finalists will receive free entry to the App Growth Awards Reception.
When and where will the winners be announced?
The App Growth Awards 2020 winners will be announced at App Promotion Summit Berlin on Thursday 3rd December 2020 and online.
How can my company get involved in the awards as an official partner?
We have a number of opportunities around the awards for partners. To find out more please send us an email to email@example.com
Where can I find the Terms & Conditions?
All of the T&Cs are at the bottom of this page.
AGM – Growth Product
CEO & Co-Founder
Namier Capital Partners
Moors Insights and Strategy
Senior Research Analyst
Wireless Industry Partnership
Head of Tech
Marketing and Communication Lead
Chief Research Officer
The NPD Group
Digital Product Design
1. An entry is defined as a written submission proposing a product, service, app, platform or initiative for one award category.
2. The deadline for entries is Thursday 15th October 2020. Submissions must be received before 11:59PM (GMT) on this date to be eligible for entry.
3. Any entry may be withdrawn up until 11.59pm on Thursday 15th October 2020 (the closing date) upon written request to the organisers. Entries may also be self-edited up until the 11.59pm on the closing date.
4. The awards are open to any business or project that has commercially launched, been redeveloped or shown substantial innovation / measurable progress during the awards period, which runs from Wednesday 1st January 2020 to Thursday 15th October 2020.
5. Entrants are strongly encouraged to submit joint entries with partner companies where applications, products, projects or services have been jointly developed and/or launched (i.e. a retailer jointly submitting with their mobile agency/apps developer)
6. Entries will be judged solely on the information provided via the online entry form (including video demos provided in support of the entry). Please do not send any additional supporting materials, as this will not be considered (e.g. documents/presentations)
7. All entrants are required to upload a visual demonstration of the company’s product, service or application. We ask that you send links to videos that have been uploaded to an existing online channel, such as YouTube or Vimeo. Please ensure any website access details, usernames and passwords needed for judging are supplied, that they work, and that they will continue to work until the Awards Ceremony.
8. The App Growth Awards reserves the right to use submitted footage for introducing short-listed companies during its awards ceremony (PLEASE NOTE we will request additional video footage from all finalists).
9. The App Growth Awards organisers reserve the right to refuse any entry at the company’s discretion. They also reserve the right to move an entry into a different category if deemed more suitable in both instances, the entrant would be notified.
10. By entering the App Growth Awards, companies are expressly authorizing the organiser of the App Growth Awards to use the specific text and visual materials submitted for the purposes of promoting the industry in presentations, reports for publication, website and media activities as well as other forms of promotions/publicity materials.
11. The judges’ decisions are final and there will be no further correspondence in this regard. Details of the judging panel sessions will not be disclosed.
12. The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony online on Thursday 3rd December 2020.