This is how long you’ve got to submit your entry
ABOUT THE APP GROWTH AWARDS
The App Growth Awards are the annual barometer for the global app marketing and growth ecosystem. They have been set up by the organisers of the App Promotion Summits to continue to facilitate and celebrate progress.
The App Growth Awards will:
★ Drive recognition and celebrate successes
★ Boost the profile of the ecosystem by promoting excellence
★ Bring to the forefront the leading companies and individuals
★ Be a proper good night out for everyone involved
This award is for an individual that has demonstrated outstanding best practices for marketing and growth at an app brand, startup or agency.
Open to all mobile and app marketing and non-specialist agencies that can illustrate outstanding offerings in the area of mobile growth and app marketing.
Awarded to an app that has demonstrated rapid growth and traction in the last year. Evidence must be shown of growth in usage, downloads and/or revenues.
This is for examples of new and innovative channels, techniques, tactics or strategies and is open to app brands, agencies, service providers and developers.
This is open to specific campaigns (e.g. a launch or a specific promotion) both for app marketing agencies and app brands.
This will be awarded to the best Google Play or iOS App Store listing in terms of overall impact, visual appearance and other factors that have multiplied an apps performance.
Video is becoming increasing important and this award will recognise the best use of video as part of an app marketing campaign either in an app preview or ad creative.
Open to platforms and agencies offering App Store Optimisation services, this will be taken home by the company that can illustrate they are leading the ASO field.
Awarded to the mobile analytics, app analytics, ad tracking and attribution platform that has delivered the most value to app marketing and growth professionals in the past 12 months.
Awarded to the mobile advertising platform, network or DSP that has provided an outstanding solution in terms of app installs, user acquisition and brand advertising.
Open to technology platforms that support app engagement including push notifications, in-app messaging, marketing automation and other engagement focused services including chat bots.
BECOME A PARTNER
If you’d like to support the growth of the app marketing and growth ecosystem and help make the App Growth Awards the annual celebratory barometer for success then becoming an official supporting partner will be a perfect fit.
We have a range of packages available from hosting a table at the awards (€2000) all the way up to being the Lead The App Growth Awards Partner (€15,000) where your branding will be quite simply immense.
For more information on the packages available and to receive the App Growth Awards Partnership Prospectus please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll follow up with you immediately.
ATTEND THE APP GROWTH AWARDS
There’s 3 ways of buying a ticket for the App Growth Awards:
1) You can buy them as part of an App Promotion Summit Berlin package (this is by far the most economical way) by clicking here.
2) You can purchase 10 tickets, branding and become an official table host for just €2000.
3) You can buy a standalone App Growth Awards ticket for you and your colleagues by filling in this form:
Got a question? Need more detail on submitting your entry? Interested in officially supporting the awards? Please just fill in the form below or send an email to email@example.com
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are the App Growth Awards completely independent?
Yes, 100%, of course, without a doubt.
All the judging is done online and the judges never meet, therefore regardless of whether a company sponsors the awards or anything like that this will have no bearing whatsoever on the outcome. The integrity of the awards is absolutely essential to us, they are completely independent.
What is the deadline for entries?
You must submit your entry by midnight on Friday 6th October 2017.
If I win an App Growth Award what do I receive?
Kudos, prestige, a very high level of smugness, a physical reward, the right to tell everyone that you’re the best in the business and we’re also building up a prize pot so that each winner will take home an industry related prize.
Do I have to pay to attend if I’m a shortlisted finalist?
No – we want you in the room to collect your award, so all 55 shortlisted finalists will receive free entry to the App Growth Awards Reception.
When and where will the winners be announced?
The App Growth Awards 2017 winners will be announced at an awards ceremony at the Hotel Adlon, Berlin on the evening of Thursday 30th November 2017.
How can my company get involved in the awards as an official partner?
Where can I find the Terms & Conditions?
All of the T&Cs are right below.
Partner, Kindred Capital
Russell Buckley is a Partner with Kindred Capital, the early stage venture investor, based in London and Chairman of Touch Surgery and Tapdaq. He is a previous Global Chairman of the Mobile Marketing Association and was an active Angel Investor in over 40 companies (via Ballpark Ventures). Russell’s previous role was with mobile advertising startup, AdMob. He learned about AdMob soon after its launch, joining as its first employee in 2006. His remit was to launch AdMob into the EMEA market and four years later, AdMob was sold to Google for $750m.
Reporter, Mobile World Live
Saleha Riaz works at Mobile World Live, where she creates news content, blogs and video interviews on all topics related to the mobile industry, but with a particular focus on apps. She has previously been on the judge’s panel for the GSMA Glomo Awards.
Senior Director, Mobile & Telecoms, IHS Technology
Mr. Ian Fogg is Senior Director and head of the Mobile and Telecoms team for IHS Technology.
He directs research, consulting, analysis and forecasting of the mobile and telecoms market. In mobile, IHS delivers strategic insights for media firms, device makers, operators, equipment vendors and other companies that are refining their mobile strategies. He has delivered custom consultancy and presentations for global companies headquartered in Europe, North America and Asia, covering ideation, roadmap validation, market sizing, disruptive strategy and competitor analysis, among other areas. Mr. Fogg is widely quoted on mobile, personal technology, mobile strategies and media in both industry trade publications and in leading media outlets, such as the BBC, CNN, Financial Times, The Guardian, The Sunday Times, The Telegraph and Reuters.com. Also, he is an energetic, thought-provoking conference speaker. Prior to becoming an analyst, he worked for a number of companies in mobile, as a product marketing manager at mobile operator 3 and as a producer that helped launch the interactive TV service at Cable & Wireless, now VirginMedia. He also was in the marketing department of the innovative mobile device maker Psion. Mr. Fogg holds a Master of Arts (Hons.) from the University of St Andrews, U.K.
Peggy Anne Salz
Lead Analyst & Founder, MobileGroove
Peggy Anne Salz is the Lead Analyst and Founder of MobileGroove, providing analysis, custom research and strategic content marketing to the global mobile industry, and mentoring and consulting to tech startups.
She has written 9 books about mobile, including The Everything Guide To Mobile Apps (published by F+W).
Head of Mobile, PwC Germany
Raphael is an app enthusiast, principal within PwC’s Customer Practice and Head of Mobile PwC Germany. Raphael has 2o+ years of professional consulting experience in the area of digital, mobile and customer centric strategy & transformation. He consults FT500 and middle market clients in all aspects with regard to CX/UX strategy, marketing, sales, service and related IT enablement. Raphael earned master degrees in law and business administration/economics and accredited lawyer and certified treasurer. Raphael has served as a judge on various digital/mobile summits.
TERMS & CONDITIONS, AND THE OFFICIAL RULES OF ENTRY:
1. An entry is defined as a written submission proposing a product, service, app, platform or initiative for one award category.
2. The deadline for entries is Friday 6th October 2017. Submissions must be received before 11:59PM (GMT) on this date to be eligible for entry.
3. Any entry may be withdrawn up until 11.59pm on Friday 6th October 2017 (the closing date) upon written request to the organisers. Entries may also be self-edited up until the 11.59pm on the closing date.
4. The awards are open to any business or project that has commercially launched, been redeveloped or shown substantial innovation / measurable progress during the awards period, which runs from Thursday 1st December 2016 to Friday 6th October 2017.
5. Entrants are strongly encouraged to submit joint entries with partner companies where applications, products, projects or services have been jointly developed and/or launched (i.e. a retailer jointly submitting with their mobile agency/apps developer)
6. Entries will be judged solely on the information provided via the online entry form (including video demos provided in support of the entry). Please do not send any additional supporting materials, as this will not be considered (e.g. documents/presentations)
7. All entrants are required to upload a visual demonstration of the company’s product, service or application. We ask that you send links to videos that have been uploaded to an existing online channel, such as YouTube or Vimeo.
Please ensure any website access details, usernames and passwords needed for judging are supplied, that they work, and that they will continue to work until the Awards Ceremony.
8. The App Growth Awards reserves the right to use submitted footage for introducing short-listed companies during its awards ceremony (PLEASE NOTE we will request additional video footage from all finalists).
9. The App Growth Awards organisers reserve the right to refuse any entry at the company’s discretion. They also reserve the right to move an entry into a different category if deemed more suitable in both instances, the entrant would be notified.
10. By entering the App Growth Awards, companies are expressly authorizing the organiser of the App Growth Awards to use the specific text and visual materials submitted for the purposes of promoting the industry in presentations, reports for publication, website and media activities as well as other forms of promotions/publicity materials.
11. The judges’ decisions are final and there will be no further correspondence in this regard. Details of the judging panel sessions will not be disclosed.
12. The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony at the Hotel Adlon, Berlin on the evening of Thursday 30th November 2017.
1. It is very important that you fully complete the online entry form. In particular, details on usage and proven success in the market (backed by data and financials where applicable) should be provided. The more information you supply, the better the judges will be able to assess your entry.
2. For the purposes of judging, all entries will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be viewed by the judging panel and the awards organisers. However, in order to showcase the nominees at the App Growth Awards Ceremony, some information may be taken from the shortlisted companies’ written entries. Please clearly indicate any information on either the entry form or supporting material that is commercially sensitive and for the judges’ eyes only. Only details of the award winners and short-listed entries in each category will be published.